Committees Meeting Night
Members of all parish committees meet at church once a month, usually on the evening of the fourth Tuesday, for dinner at 6:00 p.m. followed by prayer and a brief review of issues and topics under discussion by the various committees. At 6:45 p.m., the standing committees begin their meetings. Interaction between committees is encouraged during this time on any issues requiring the attention of more than one committee. The meeting of the Parish Pastoral Council begins at 7:45 p.m.
Parish Pastoral Council
The PPC is the primary and coordinating committee of the parish. It is advisory to the pastor in discerning God’s guidance for our parish and coordinating parish programs and committees.
Voting membership on the PPC is comprised of three officers: Dave Antonneau, chair; Sue Traxler, vice-chair; and Matt Wagner, secretary; selected through a discernment process and assigned for three-year terms, and representatives from each standing committee designated by their respective committees. The pastor and parish trustees are non-voting members of the council. Contact: Dave Antonneau, 507-645-1372
Social Ministries Committee
Social ministries is an umbrella for a variety of action groups, people united by interest in the following areas or projects:
- Thanksgiving food baskets: in conjunction with the Northfield Community Action Center, provides the making of Thanksgiving dinner for low-income families in our area (Bob & Louise Murray, 664-0239).
- Christmas Sharing: in conjunction with the Northfield Community Action Center, provides gifts for low-income families in Northfield and in Minneapolis through Indian Ministries (Larry & Ginny Walsh, 645-4585).
- Minnesota Food Share drive in March and ongoing collection for the Northfield Food Shelf (Larry & Ginny Walsh, 645-4585).
- Respect Life: plans events to raise awareness of pro-life such as Spiritual Adoption, Walk for Life, Pro-Life newspaper ad, Celebration of Life Collection and a fundraiser for Northfield’s Crisis Pregnancy Center (Deborah Wagner contact, 663-0718).
- Peace and Justice: local and global issues related to human rights.
The committee aspires to motivate and facilitate full, conscious and active participation in the parish’s liturgical celebrations. Members study documents on the liturgy of the Church at each meeting. Primary tasks include: seasonal liturgical planning, coordination of liturgical ministries, broader liturgical considerations and suggestions to Parish Council on church buildings and furnishings. Contact: Arthur Cunningham, 645-4970
The Maintenance Committee oversees proper care and repair of parish buildings, equipment, and grounds. With approval of the Parish Pastoral Council and the Finance Committee, it plans and coordinates improvements, often with labor and materials donated by parishioners. Contact: Dick Suess, 645-7225
Our parish is divided up into geographic neighborhoods in which volunteers visit new parishioners to welcome them. As representatives of their neighborhood and the parish at large, these volunteers will familiarize them with the various programs of the parish and help them get to know more parishioners in their area. If you are aware of new people having moved into your neighborhood who may be Catholic or searching for a church, call the parish office, 645-8816.
Faith Formation Committee
This committee assists and advises Faith Formation staff members. It also provides direction for planning, developing, approving and improving policies and programs for faith instruction and activities for the parish. Contact: Rick Nelson, 645-8141
Health Ministry Committee
See Parish Nurse Ministry – contact Nancy Ludescher, 645-8816 ext. 203